Can you believe it? It has been a month today. A month today we were at the hospital facing one of THE most hardest days in our lives! BUT GOD! We just wanted to let you know how well our oldest is doing and the things we continue to pray for. We continue to say thank you to our Lord and thank you to for standing in the gap.
1) We found out that the tumor was NOT cancerous
2) They did NOT get it all out, but a big chunk of it. There were fragments of the tumor left. At this time they do not pose a problem, but our son WILL have to have MRI every 3 months for the next 2 years, then 3 times a year, then 2 times a year and so and so on. He WILL also have to continue to take medication. The doctors will not reduce the amount of meds he takes until NEXT summer. They say he will always take meds .. studies have shown that patients taken off the meds altogether have seziures later in life. There is still a chance for him to have seizures now, but they are slim. If the fragments grow, they will do radiation and chemo treatments. We are praying we NEVER have to deal with that! We still have to watch him, BUT thank God, not as closely.
3) He will be tested at different times this fall through the school and his neuropsychologist to see where he is developmentally. One of his doctors told me that he expects without any seizures our son could very well return to where he was BEFORE all of this - - Yahoo! We will have to stay on him like hawks - - but I do not want to be on him all the time, but pretty close. We have a lot of catching up to do, but we welcome the challenge.
4) He continues to have headaches, although not as many. He knows when to tell me when he wants to meds.
5) He WILL start school on time.
6) If you saw our son, you would have NO idea, this boy had brain surgery 4 weeks ago. Praise God!
7) He has told us, we are kissing him WAY TOO much and asking too many questions. In his words, what is deal?
8) We simply cannot believe how many questions our son is asking us!
9) Our son is planning his own 11th b-day party in Kentucky (November)
10) God continues to be faithful!
We will provide periodic updates on our son or as something develops, but we mainly wanted you to know what God has done, is doing and what we expect Him to do through Jordan's life.
Oh and our son has told us that God was in the operating room July 13th!
Thank you again and again ....