Aug 20, 2007

I love to cook ..

but lately I have NOT been to stretch my wings with the new additions around here. I learned to cook by watching others around me. My mom once told me she had no idea I knew how to cook (she thought I didn't want to learn) and I never cooked while at home. When I got to college, I had no choice but to cook to feed myself on my 10.00 per week allowance. To my surprise, all I had seen for soooo many years, sunk in. I want to share some recipes I have learned over the years .. I hope this helps someone - - these are some quickies .. more to follow ..
Chicken Tetrezenni (sp?) Okay, chicken spaghetti ..
1/2 can of Cream of Celery, 1/2 can Mushroom Soup, 1/2 block Velveeta Cheese (more if you like) 1/2 onion, 1/2 cup milk, chicken broth to loosen and spaghetti noodles. Mix it all together and put it in the oven at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes.

Spinach Quesadillas
Take 2 flour tortillas and place mexican cheese mix, bell peppers, onions, spinach (bagged in the produce section) between the two tortillas like a sandwich, press together, put on the GF grill for 5 minutes. If you don't have a grill, place the quesadillas in a cast iron or any skillet and flip after 2 1/2 minutes on each side. Cut in fourths with a pizza cutter. You can add any meat to the mixture if you desire. This is how I got the kids to start eating spinach. They didn't even realize they were eating it. Now they love it.

JT's Quick AB (ankle biter) Baked Ziti
Cook a 1/2 package of ziti noodles. Mix 2 cans of diced tomatoes italian flavor w/ a sprinkle or two of dried basil, a dash or two of black pepper, and diced bell pepper. You will also need any ground meat. Brown your meat. Layer the bottom of a 13 x 9 cake pan with the tomato layer, add a layer of italian mixed cheese, then add browned meat. Continue with the layers until you have reached the top of the pan. Then add diced mozzerella cheese throughout your layers and then add a final sprinkle of italian cheese mixture. (Can you tell we like cheese around here). Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes. MMMMMMM good, Freeze leftovers and bring it next month. (HeHe) You may or may not want to add salt, I try to use FRESH ingredients INSTEAD of salt.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Love the Recipes....keep on coming!