Aug 6, 2007

My man

I have spoken of the wonderful husband God gave me 12 years ago, but last weekend, I was challenged to stop whining about what isn't, feeling underappreciated and throwing silent and sometimes not so silent temper tantrums and thank God for this truly wonderful man. I was challeneged (on more than one occasion) to not only make a list of the good things about him, but for the next 30 days TELL HIM. I think I do this, but maybe not as often as I should. In a world when marriages are falling apart DAILY, thank you Lord for my man FISH who said 12 years ago, divorce WILL NOT be in our vocabulary and I told him, I will follow him as he follows the Lord and my mom said "Don't mess this up!" ... So as the kids say today "I know he's got it going on, therefore, so do I. "

My man ... (in no certain order)
1) is my best friend
2) a great provider
3) LOVES his family
4) comes home EVERY NIGHT
5) Cooks breakfast on Sunday
6) Prays with our family and his sons individually
7) Is faithful to ME
8) Takes the trash out
9) Folds clothes (Ohhhh, how I hate to do this)
10) loves older people
11) Still opens my door
12) is a protector
13) Tell me he loves me, all the time
14) Gives me a goodbye and a hello kiss when he leaves and comes home
15) Prays, prays, prays
16) drives us around on the weekend
17) Lifts the heavy stuff around here, including me and kids when neccesary (SMILE)
18) Made sure I have the "good car".
19) Wakes us up to go to church and is there every Sunday (except vacations, illnesses)
20) Keeps himself healthy and MY MAN LOOKS MARVELOUS!
21) Calls me 3 times during the day to say I love you and check on me and the boys
22) Will go grocery shopping, if I let him (hahaha)
23) Calls his grandmother EVERY week
24) Kills the bugs, Geckos/Lizards and snakes around here ..UUUGGHH (There is creek next to our house that I thought would so peaceful! Sometimes this means me and kids wait patiently in one room until he gets home from work .. Yikes)
25) Mows his own lawn
26) Plays games with the boys and ME (hehe)
27) Is a patient instructor for me
28) Asks what do I want
29) Is using his Heavenly Father's example in raising his sons
30) Loves me unconditionally (This ain't easy)
There are so many more things he does, but these are the ones, that make me swoon!

Proverbs 18:22 NIV
22 He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.
Ephesians 5:25-27 (NIV)
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.

No comments: