Jun 30, 2008

MeaningFULL Monday

Today is a lazy day after a weekend of small illness around here, but as I wipe noses and behinds, provide blankies and cover to my little ones and as Ethan helps out around here, I can't help but reflect on the goodness of God - - through the good and the bad.
-----
DeClan (19 months) is talking so much it amazes me - - his vocabulary includes, but is not limited to the following: egg, mik, outside, ice, mama, dada, both brothers names w/ no vowels, football, basketball, toes, snack, cracker, cookie, shoes, comprende, no, "I got you", "I got it", purple, white, car and shoes. There are a lot of words we cannot comprehend, but that does not stop him from getting what he wants, WHEN he wants it.
-----
Austin (newly 3) is talking so much and does not want to stop talking .. only when he sleeps. Austin decided to wait until he was 2 1/2 before he said anything outside mama and dada, that it had me worried ... so much so I asked the doctor everytime we visited if something was wrong with him and she said no, just give him time. I guess he is making up for lost time. A few weeks ago he took of DeClan's diaper and then told my husband DeClan needed a new diaper because he was "disgusting!". Disgusting? He was VERY serious. We asked him what that meant and he said he poopooed everywhere and that is disgusting. Hmpf.
-----
Ethan (11 1/2) is savoring every moment of being home for the summer. He has enjoyed not having to get up and run the "race" of school, deadlines, homework, teachers, and not so kind children. He has mentioned homeschooling a few times, but is excited about starting junior high next year. Junior high? He was just in my belly.
-----
I will admit though I am a little scared that my baby is no longer one, but asking where they come from. He is also asking about his life as an adult and who his wife will be since he discovered he cannot marry my uncle's beautiful girlfriend. (She is really pretty)
We had put of explaining the birds and the bees w/ Ethan because his memory was not that great after the seizures and he was behind maturity wise, but I think the last 6 to 8 months seizure free, the brain tumor no longer being an issue, we will have to sit him down and have a more frank discussion that what we have been doing. HELP!!!!
-----
"D" (husband of almost 13 years) - I love him more and more each day. I don't always say it and demonstrate it in the best way, but I really do love him and am in love with him. I have thanked God for him in the past, but way more today and a sea of marriages around us have begun the great divide. I cannot say I understand who so many and why these particular marriages are broken, but I KNOW who can RESTORE, RENEW and REFRESH. Our great GOD. D and I do not have the perfect marriage by any means, but we have been blessed with a good one.
-----
We have grown spiritually together and I pray for many more years to get to know each other and grow old physically and in the Lord.

Thank you Lord for this family you have blessed me with.

1 comment:

Amy Wyatt said...

Sounds like you are busy with lots going on around your house too. I wanted to thank you for all the prayers and encouragement. It's been a rough couple of weeks. We are getting ready to head to science camp then dog camp so I am swamped the next three weeks. I hope to post and visit but if I don't get to I'll catch up with you when we get home with the dog. I'm sure I'll post lots of pictures.