Mar 21, 2009

Special Day

Today, we spent time with one of the most wonderful women I have ever met ... DH's grandmother. Both of my grandmothers are with Jesus now and I LOVE spending time with GranGran (as we so affectionately call her).

AND .. the woman can cook!!!!!!!!

Since we were in town for Spring Break, GranGran wanted the whole family to get together for food, fellowship and fun. Mostly, the food :) Saturday, 1:00pm she said .. and she did not disappoint.

Turkey, Roast Beef, Boston Butt, Cornbread dressing, greens, green beans, Macaronkey (This is how DeClan says Mac & Cheese) Potato Salad, Deviled Eggs, Onions, From Scratch Potato rolls, Sweet Tea, Yellow Cake w/ Caramel Icing and Cherry Delight .. I am very sure I forgot something. She did NOT disappoint.

See, I had to say that twice, because she really did NOT .... well you know ....

No airs put on by me. I sat down and ate like a REAL woman does, especially since my WWatchers plans start today. That way after I lose the weight, I CAN and WILL enjoy Thanksgiving. :)

I am so very happy the sons are able to spend time and be loved on by their great-grandmother and that she IS passing down the recipes to her family. I AM trying to learn the art of the rolls as we speak.

Needless to say, I HAVE disappointed with those babies!


Thank you Lord, Thank you so very much for this legacy and for DH's family~~ Please continue to watch over them and bless them.

No comments: