May 10, 2008

For Every Mountain




This version is sung by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir.

[Verse 1:]
I've got so much to thank God for,
so many wonderful blessings,
and so many open doors,
a brand new mercy along with each new day;
that's why I praise You, and for this I give You praise.

[Verse 2:]
For waking me up this morning, (that's why I praise You),
for starting me on my way, (that's why I praise You),
for letting me see the sunshine, (that's why I praise You),
of a brand new day (oh).
A brand new mercy (that's why I praise You),
along with each new day;
(that's why I praise You, for this I give You praise).

[Verse 3:]
You're Jehovah Jireh (that's why I praise You),
You've been my provider (that's why I praise You),
so many times You met my needs (that's why I praise You),
so many times You rescued me (oh).
I wanna thank You for the blessings (that's why I praise You),
You give to me each day;
(that's why I praise You, for this I give You praise).

[Chorus:]
For every mountain You've brought me over.
For every trial You've seen me through.
For every blessing, hallelujah;
for this I give You praise.

2 comments:

Amy Wyatt said...

Someone else posted this song a few weeks ago too. It is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I'm finally home this week. We need to catch up.

Peggy said...

I remember this...but thanks Jai...
because I read through the words first and then listened and it made a difference! What wonderful blessings and may you be blessed on Mother's Day and give praise!

May we both wake up and Praise Him!

He is Jehovah Jireh! Aleluya!