Jan 3, 2008

He was and is faithful to me!

I can hear blogger saying Jai, you need to post an entry, you need to post an entry. I actually started two entries three days ago .. but they never made it to "publish". The Christmas and New Year's seasons have me WWWOOOORRRRRRNNNNNNNNN out! I am so shocked that I am THIS tired. We actually had a great season, but it all came and went way to fast. It seems like we just got back from Kentucky celebrating Ethan's birthday, no it seems like we just finished praising God for Ethan's healing, no ... it seems like we just got the news that Ethan would absolutely have to have his surgery .. no it seems like the year just began .. oh, I know it has, but I mean 2007. My daddy used to say .. take it all in .. take it all in .. savor each day, because when you get older, get married, have kids ... it all goes by way to fast .. and yes, I do agree daddy .. Ethan turned 11 last year and yet he is STILL my baby, I remember his first few years on this earth sooo fondly. Austin had has to grow up fast, because before we knew it, DeClan made his appearance and yet, I can envision my first wedding day like it too was just yesterday. (in another entry, I will explain what that means).

2007 flew by. When I was told Ethan would have to have his surgery last year, I cried, screamed, even called my Pastor and screamed some more. Then I calmed down, my sister prayed HARD over me and I began to think we would NEVER make it out of the month of July. Once they gave us the date, I couldn't see past July 13th, Friday, July 13th. No, I am not superstitious, but come on .. you gotta see the irony, if can use that word, in all this. God is omniscient, an all KNOWING God. He KNEW exactly when Ethan would have his surgery when this all began in 2003. God knew even BEFORE then, but you see what I mean. Now here we are in the few few days of 2008 and I pray for a closer walk with God without all the drama. Oh, I know when you pray and ask for something .. watch out, God heard you .. and you may have your answers before you know it and in a way you would have never foreseen. That's what I like and love about God. His ways are not my ways .. thank God .. because if they were .. I don't think my life would be as rich and as interesting (I am sooo boring)as it is. Still, I pray for closeness without a lot of drama .. but whatever my Lord sees fit, is fine with me, because He is NOT very far. He is right here. My family enters into prayer and fasting the first full week of every January and each year we have praises and prayer requests during that time. One of our prayers for 2006 and 2007 was to know HIM .. to know the Father, up close and personal and this is what our God revealed to us last year.

1) Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (We have LAID on this scripture)

2) In early January, we were told that DeClan had a hole in his heart and he would have to see a cardiologist. He was 6 weeks old. (He is VERY WELL TODAY)

3) In late January, we were told that our insurance was not going to cover the cost of DeClan's delivery (hospital OR pediatrician's bill) .. they would only pay for my portion. (huh?, we lost that battle and now have another bill to pay) My father owns the cattle on a thousand hills

4) February ... Ethan makes it ONE YEAR without any seizures! Hallelujah!

5)March and April are all quiet on the homefront - PEACE ..... BE STILL

6) May - hit with the news that Ethan's tumor is now growing more and he WILL have to have surgery (Thank God for His people that He placed in our lives .. I cannot pray, I have no words.)

7) June - still no seizures, but preparation for the surgery .. I am numb, scared and do not want to do this, BUT we get confirmation from the Lord about what we are about to do! (Help Lord, Help)

8) July - the surgery .. oh, the surgery ... God is sooo good!

9) August - Ethan is doing so well, he starts school on time! (Restoration, Joel 2:25 --- And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.)

10) September - Ethan is still doing well and gets 5 As and 1 B his first 6 weeks of school. He is doing so well that I am able to take a part time job to help "D" get some money in here (these boys can eat) Praise Him, Praise Him!!! (yelling, Praise Him)

11) October - Ethan is like a sponge, DeClan starts walking and things look good. We're start paying down debt (Wooowhoo!)

12) November - I loose my part time job (a lesson in obedience to God (post later). A week later, the water heater needs repairs (ahhh, no, we need a NEW water heater), the van needs tires before we leave for Kentucky, Ethan's grades drop, the washer and the toilet starts leaking ... BUT, it's Ethan's and DeClan birthday and we are gonna celebrate AND we ARE going to eat in KY, I mean see GranGran! (Major valley! Major valley! .. but what can you do, but trust God! Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding .. in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

13) December - Most of the above are repaired, replaced or on a list to soon be taken care of) Jehovah Jireh .. Darrell and I celebrated 12 years of marriage and we celebrated the birth of Jesus and the end of another year. Celebrate Jesus, celebrate!

So, I have written all of this to say, NOTHING happens without God's knowledge, will you trust Him with everything you have? In everything you do? You say? In the plenty AND in the lean? In the good and bad? You just gotta do it! In the end, He will leave with you with such a rich history and legacy and relationship with Him. He will NEVER leave you or forsake you and has His hand there for you too hold.



My prayer in 2008 is no matter what comes and goes, I WILL hold on to God's unchanging hand.

No comments: