Dec 2, 2007

Merry Christmas NOT Happy Holidays!

Jesus was BORN to die. (Christmas) He died for our sins. He rose and He lives! (Easter/Resurrection Sunday)

He was born on Christmas morning. Biblical scholars say it was really around modern day April or possibly August, not December, but one fact we cannot dispute is that what we celebrate as Christmas is HIS birthday. It is as simple as that. Without Christ there would be no Christmas. I don't care how you slice it, skip over it, try to erase it, it happened and that will never change. FACT:
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

I never thought I would be so bothered by people telling me Happy Holidays! But as I grown in my relationship with Christ, it does rub me the wrong way how many people, sayings, things on TV, the newspaper are now all saying Happy Holidays. I was checking out at Sam's the other day and the young lady struggled to say Happy Holidays. You could tell she wanted to say Merry Christmas, but it was if she had been told, you better not! Then I was Food Network today to get some ideas for my cookie exchange and what HAD been called the Christmas Cookie presentation, was now being called the Holiday cookie hour. What is the world is a holiday cookie? I'm sorry, I have never heard of that ... Ethan is having a Holiday gift party at school, Huh? Not sure what Holiday gift he will be giving his classmates this year.

What I am struggling with is that there are no marches, lawsuits or threats if you say Happy Hannukah. I don't hear anyone saying we can't say that. I don't celebrate Kwanzaa, but I don't hear any outcries about that either. Remember a few years ago when Lowe's wanted to sell Holiday trees? Are people really so mad, scared or living in that much unbelief of Christ that you can't say Merry Christmas and acknowledge the Birth of Christ? Good grief! With all the outcry and hullabaloo ... I'm shocked I can still watch Charlie Brown Christmas ...

People, Jesus IS real, He is real whether you choose to think so or not. Without Him there would be no reason to celebrate. Even those who choose to celebrate Santa, even this fictional character would not have existed or even been created by someone without the birth of our Savior Jesus. If Jesus had not been born, there would have been no gifts for the wise men to bring.

So I applaud anyone, everyone who will NOT bend over and bow down to pressure and keep the Christ in Christmas!

And so, from my family to yours .. Merry Christmas!

No comments: