Kim tagged the ladies who read her blog .. this is first one I have ever done .. so here goes and YES, it was fun to answer ...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper with Big beautiful ribbons, wish I knew how to wrap presents like you see in the mall.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial, I love the smell of real trees, but do not like the clean up. I do use real garland sometimes in the bathroom and over the fireplace.
3. When do you put up your tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the first weekend after the new year.
5. Do you like eggnog? No mam.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Cabbage patch doll (Micheala)
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? No, but I would love one and need an unbreakable one with the two explorers in my house.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My children, they are well rounded and like everything
9. Easiest person to buy for? My sister who's in school, she wants gift cards from Barnes and Nobles to pay for books.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Work out video series (Sorry honey ... my health minded husband). I guess it wasn't so much the gift, but the timing. I HAVE used the tapes since then though.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, the personal touch has been lost with so much technology. I also use this time to send new pictures of the children. I don't know why I wait til November to get all 25 rolls of film from the year developed.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas with Bing Crosby. Everyone looks soooo beautiful. I really only like the singing and dancing.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The week before. Although I am making notes throughout the year and it only takes me 2 hours or so. I am really trying to demonstrate more on giving to others with my children.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but only because I thought the person I gave it to, needed the item more than I did and it was brand new and I had been given several just like it that year. (I'm just sayin' ......)
15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? This year we have a new cookie in our home "The Sugar Cookie", thanks to Melanie and it has become our signature cookie and man o man, is it delicious. I love making these with my children. We also eat a lot of these. (Oh, my, my!)
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? We always use clear lights on our main tree and outside.
17. Favorite Christmas song? A Holy Night and Now behold the Lamb (Kirk Franklin version)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes, dasher, dancer, prancer, vixen, comet, cupid, donner, blitzen, rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither, we have our last name initial painted gold and wrapped in a beautiful gold bow. I have tried toppers and they have not worked for our tree. Our colors are gold, silver and cream.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both. We open one gift on Christmas Eve-- the rest on Christmas day after we have had dinner.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Probably the materialistic attitudes. Afterall, it is Jesus' birthday!!!! I do NOT like hearing Happy Holiday!
23. What is the "corniest" family tradition you do, or miss doing? Our corniest tradition is this: We pile in the car, go get hot chocolate and drive around town looking at Christmas lights singing Christmas carols. We always laugh and have fun! (This is exactly what we do Kim!)
24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? Sponge Bob
25. Which looks the best, theme trees or homey trees? I like both.... my theme? Things that represent our family. (Musical notes, church, initials, an ornament with my daughter's name) The colors are gold, silver and cream.
26. What does Christmas mean to you? (This is what Kim said and I couldn't have said it better.) Christmas is a time to celebrate God becoming flesh! Christ left his throne and place at the Father's side to become a helpless baby in a poor, poor family - to grow up despised and rejected by men, and live a perfect life and die a sinless death in order to completely absorb all of God's wrath against my sin! Now when God looks at me, he sees me through Jesus!