Dec 25, 2007

Christmas Memories

As each Christmas as an adult comes and goes very fast ... I continue to remember my childhood memories and hope that D and I are helping to make great ones for the boys. I remember each Christmas waking up at 4 or 5am, creeping down the hallway, peeking around the corner to see the wonderful display of gifts and getting so excited. My sisters and I would play for hours, wake up my parents, play more and then eat a wonderful breakfast prepared by my dad, because my mom was already working on Christmas dinner. I also remember singing happy birthday to my mother, a Christmas baby herself and hoping she was enjoying her day too. I think I was 9 when I found out who was bringing the Christmas morning gifts .. hehe .. but it didn't make my future Christmas' any less special .. because I was with my family and to me that is all that really mattered. I do remember VERY fondly Christmas Eve service at our church. This is when mother would deck us out in the finest of dresses (all matching colors for her 3 girls) and we would go to church and enjoy the best reason of all to celebrate Christmas. JESUS!

This year our boys are 11, 2 1/2 and 1. D and I got up BEFORE the boys and kept waiting for them to wake up .. but they have settled into a Christmas break routine and wake up later and later each day (I know I will pay dearly later). We finally woke them up around 8 and brought them into the den and boy were they surprised! We don't talk a lot about Santa, he is NOT banned from our household, he just isn't discussed all that much, but the kids still enjoy the surprise of toys under the tree and presents to open. This year the house is much noiser than others .. all three have trucks, remote control cars and tickle me Elmo and Cookie monsters that have made us all fall on the floor!!!!!

We have eaten our share of food through Christmas 2008, but most of all we celebrated what God did so many years ago, thanked Him for sending His son and praised His name for one more year to be together ... My hope for you and and your family to celebrate the birth of Jesus, love on your family, TELL THEM you love them and ENJOY this time together.

No comments: