Oct 10, 2007

Fall into cooking something comforting ...

The first breeze of the fall hit my face this morning and again this evening when my hubby came home, so I decided to get out the "stew" pot and make a version of this wonderful italian soup we had at Macaroni Grill a few weeks ago. It's soooooo easy and I think I hit the nail on the head!

1 pound of ground italian turkey sausage (browned, made into meatballs or diced links)
1 1 /2 cups of cooked small pasta (your preference, NOT bowtie or macaroni)
2 cans of italian seasoned diced tomatoes
2 cans of chicken broth
2 cans of northern beans
1/2 cup frozen spinach
1 packet of italian dressing mix
parsley flakes for "color"
1/2 cup italian blend shredded cheese
2 dashes of dried basil (chopped fresh sprigs if you have them)
1 tsp. hot sauce (added when almost done)

Mix all your ingredients together, simmer for 30 minutes on medium low. Add toasted garlic bread and salad if you like. Enjoy! This is soo much better the second day. Lunch, here I come!

No comments: