Sep 4, 2007

Come unto me as little children ....

After day Five I didn't think I was gonna make it, but God blessed us with a VERY relaxing weekend. No where to be, no one to see, just we wanted to do. Then this morning came in like a roaring lion. I guess we got tooooo lazy. Ethan was NOT excited about going back to school, but mainly because the real work began today. Homework .. yes, homework for him and for me. He moved so sloooowly, all morrrnnning looong and at one point I knew we would be late for sure. And then just like magic, Ethan was ready, completely ready. Could it have been because Austin beat him to it? They make a race out of everything.

Now Austin (2) you understand DOES NOT go to school, but this last week he has been wanting to. He whined all last week about "school mommy, school" and when we would return for dropping Ethan off, he would be sooo mad that we were home. And then today .. just made me smile .. before I could get him his breakfast, he had already gone into his closet, streeeeetched for a shirt, brought it to me and said here mommy, put my shirt on. He actually picked a pretty nice t-shirt. So, I put it on and told him to get ready for breakfast ... as I got his breakfast ready, he had gone back to the closet and gotten some jeans .. (you go boy!) and brought them to me and said mommy, jeans, I need my jeans on ... he already had one leg in and one leg out and had fallen twice trying to get them on. I helped him and he ate. Ethan finished, Austin finished, and I got DeClan ready and we were almost ready to go. I needed to get presentable .. and Austin was soooo mad. Mommy, school, we need to go to school. Let's go! So I got dressed preety quickly and off we went to school for Ethan. We dropped him off, Austin said bye bye and then we came home .. AND THAT WHEN I HEARD ... MOMMY .. Noooooooooooooo, school, I want to go to school! Oh, my gosh!

What came to my mind as Austin was screaming? Me! Remember when you were either first saved or rededicated (as we called it in college) to the Lord and you couldn't wait to get to church? To talk to someone, anyone about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? Remember? I sure do, especially when I found my present church and I couldn't believe how the word was brought forth and I, Jailynn, could understand what God was trying to tell me. Have I gotten so far in my Christian walk that I don't need the Lord like I used to? May it never be! I am NOT on track like I should be. Things of this world can take over .. BUT I must not let them. I must make an EFFORT to spend time at the feet of Jesus. I want that excitement back! I want to be in a place when I can't wait to spend time w/ Jesus!

Out of the mouths of babes .. we, I, should be like little children ..
"Whosoever shall not receive the Kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein" (Luke 18:17). "Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right" (Proverbs 20:11). "Ye shall know them by their fruits" (Matthew 7:16).

1 comment:

Jenn said...

**** On the floor rolling of laughter****

I can just hear him... sweet boy. And yes that is sooo true how we need to fall in love with the Lord again. And just be excited and on fire for Jesus...

Thank you for that reminder... It was needed today...

Jenn Jenn