Jun 10, 2007

Taking things for granted .. again!

Today was a strange day ... my best friend, my husband got very ill today and I had to take him to the hospital. This is a man who is never sick and when he has a headache, can sleep for a few hours and be just fine. TODAY was not that day .. he got up and left church because he said he thought he might pass out .. after he didn't come back for 15 minutes, I got up and left to find him. My husband, NEVER misses church. He said he needed to walk around, because sitting down was making him sicker ... so we walked around the church, upstairs, downstairs and upstairs and down again, then finally I caught up w/ our media folks to get some medical attention. By the time they got to him, he said he was fine, but we now know that was not the case. What scared me the most today, was .. while we are at church still walking and walking .. he said .. "honey, if anything happens to me, you know I love you and the boys" .. WHAT, what are you talking about? Do you feel that bad? What is going on? Our lives flashed before me .. (sounds dramatic, but it is true) and I started imagining life w/o my life partner .. no way, no way .. I shook it off and said, let's get you some help. While we drove to the many places we went today, before he could be seen by a doctor .. I kept thinking .. what is going on? My MAN is never sick .. I can't believe he feels this bad ..



So again, God is saying to me, DO NOT TAKE THIS MAN for GRANTED! DO NOT TAKE LIFE FOR GRANTED! DO NOT TAKE ME, YOUR GOD, FOR GRANTED!



We have been together for 12 years and each year gets better and better and I could not love him more .. we have a LOT on our plates right now, but thank you Lord that we have made it through with our marriage in tact.

He is feeling better now, although not at his best, but Monday, we will get back in the car, hopefully see the regular doctors and they can pinpoint what is going on and things can get back to normal.

No comments: