Jan 20, 2009

Today in History ....

The United States of America will have a new President at 12noon.

This is a day that carries many emotions for me and my family. I was born in the 60's and was one of the first kids to attend a formerly all white school. Unbeknownst to me .. my mother was scared to death when I started kindergarten, I had no idea what had been going on behind the scene .... I have been called the "n" word and have seen many, many things in my life .. but seeing an African American President was not one of the things I thought I would see in my lifetime.

My family sits on both sides of the aisle, but today we stand together and are proud to see how far America has come.

We have always told our sons you CAN be whatever God wants you to be .. and today they have been given a visual example.

I pray for President Bush as he and Mrs. Bush transition into private life in Texas, I pray for their protection once they leave Washington life. I pray for President and First Lady Obama as they start their new lives as the first family.

I pray for President Obama's presidency, his protection, his decisions, the people he surrounds himself with and most of all the he see God with fresh eyes, that he seek God for all answers and that God will be ever present in his life.

No comments: