Nov 14, 2007

Baby it's cold outside .. Again ..

Lately the weather has NOT been consistent. Two weeks ago we had a cold front come through and I was so excited to break out the crockpot(S), sweaters and hot cocoa. I went to the store, got some whipped cream, apple cinnamon candles, then trekked over to Target and got new hats, houseshoes and footed pajamas for the youngens. I came home and pulled the rubbermaids with all of our winter clothes out of the garage. For 3 days I had on my boots, pancho, and turtlenecks. The boys looked soooo cute adorned in their matching cords and sweaters and it was all she wrote. AND then smack dab in the middle of nowhere comes an 80 degree day. What? How do I dress for that? Boots look good in November, but not when the lady in line next to me has on shorts and flipflops ... mmmm .. it felt just a little awkward. Anyway, two weeks and 70 degrees later, we are supposed to have ANOTHER cold front come through tonite. So, I am working on beef stew, cornbread, and cocoa for dinner ....

But what about the clothes? Summer to Fall/Winter ... one of the MOST awful tasks I have as a mama is to deal with the seasonal change of clothes. Since that last two weeks, winter items have made a new home in my den, hoping just today, just today we can come out to play. So tonite we celebrate and try to change the clothes and clean the closets one more time. Help me! This change in the weather has made my mind go crazy ... BUT

I am so glad our God IS consistent! He is the same yesterday, today and forever more! I need His consistency OR a straight jacket ....

No comments: