Dec 11, 2009

Good morning heartache

It's been 4 years since my father and 14 years since my mom went home to be with Jesus and it still hurts. No, not as much or as fresh as 2005 or 1995, but nonetheless it hurts.

God gave me three boys to raise and oh how I would love my dad to see his grandboys .. laughing, learning, jumping and loving their lives. He would especially enjoy the fact that the boys LOVE music. Jazz and gospel are their favorites and they hang pretty good with the big boys. They know who Miles Davis is, they Dizzie Gillespie, the Ramsey Lewis trio and on and on. (yea, those are the GOOD ones :) I think my mom would get kick out of being around 3 sho nuf BOYS .. since she raised three girly girls.

The Internet has been an amazing way for me to see in other lives and know that I am not the only one who hurts during the Thanksgiving and Christmas season. My mother died at Thanksgiving and my father at Christmas, but they both knew Jesus and are back together in heaven and I WILL see them again.

My husband has both his parents and I am thankful God has allowed me to love them and them love me and so my sons will get to know and love one set of grandparents and a greatgrandmother.

I am blessed and grateful for the time God gave me to know and love my parents.

Matthew 5:4
"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."

1 comment:

Amanda said...

((hugs)) I know your heartache. My dad died March 30, 2009 from a glioblastoma brain tumor and my mom died April 11th, Easter Sunday, in 1993 from Leukemia. I cannot believe I have to live the majority of my life without either of my parents (if I live a long life), but like you, I know I was blessed to have two loving, wonderful parents for 21 and 37 years.

I just wanted to add that I have a daughter in Heaven also. Our first daughter, Allison, died in utero at 19 weeks gestation.

Nice to meet a mother/wife/daughter who has walked a similar path to what I have.