Feb 25, 2009

I've come FULL circle ....

Back in December, just a few days AFTER my anniversary mind you, I broke my right wrist. Yeah, the one is use everyday. I am right handed.

As soon as it happened, I knew it was broken. I tried to reason with myself and said it was a bad sprain, but deep down I knew ... it was broken.

Turns out, it was broken in three places.

So since December 18th, I have worn some sort of apparatus on my hand, wrist and part of my arm to support the broken places and since January 2, I have had the pleasure of having metal screws in my wrist to help me heal correctly.

My surgeon is great, but very OLD FASHIONED! He performed the surgery and put the ugliest cast I have ever seen on someone on MY wrist. You know the one .. the elephant leg, paper mache, loaded lead balloon cast on my wrist .. that doesn't go with anything. :)

Thank goodness I broke my wrist in the winter so I could actually put on a turtleneck or sweats from time to time because if I had broken it this spring .. whew ... Stacy London (What Not to Wear) would have had a sensors a blazin and headed my way!

Well, yesterday the cast came off!!!! Yeah! right? yea? ..... I thought I would be thrilled, but instead I am longing for the comfort of that cast cave I kept my hand in these past 8 weeks.

Why is that?

For one .. my arm hurts, not major pain, but it hurts
Two .. I can only move my wrist in one direction
Three .. twice a week therapy starts next week .. and that is the LAST thing I need .. someone yelling at me to try harder, try harder.

I could go on and one, but I will stop whining.

I have discovered that it is easier to wear the cast and JUST do what I can do than to have it off and HAVE to work hard to do what I do.

I don't really want to work for it, but I want the joy and fulfillment and want cut to the chase and see the "reveal" or the result of hard work without the hard work.

I want the easy way out. Just being honest. That is NOT what God had planned for me. The easy way .... at least not all the time.


To be continued ...... my hand hurts ...

No comments: