Mar 29, 2008



I love music, but I really love words, meaningful words to music. It is something about meaningful words for songs to the Lord.



My song for today is by Larnelle Harris. This time the song is singing to me from God. In the hurriedness of my days, I admit I do not spend as much time with the Lord as I should. This songs speaks and reminds me to STOP and spend some time with my Lord.



"I miss my time with you"

There He was just waiting, in our old familiar place
an empty spot beside Him,
where once I used to wait
to be filled with strength and wisdom
for the battles of the day
I would have passed him by again if i didn't hear Him say

Chorus
I miss my time with you
those moments together
I need to be with you each day
and it hurt's Me when you say you're too busy
busy trying to serve Me
but how can you serve Me when your spirit's empty
there's a longing in my heart wanting more than just a part of you
it's true I miss My time with you

What do I have to offer
how can I truly care
my efforts have no meaning
when your presence isn't there
but You will provide the power
if I take time to pray
I'll stay right here beside him
and You will never have to say

Chorus

I miss my time with you
those moments together
I need to be with you each day
and it hurt's Me when you say you're too busy
busy trying to serve Me
but how can you serve Me when your spirit's empty
there's a longing in my heart wanting more than just a part of you
it's true I miss My time with you





3 comments:

Jodie Wolfe said...

If you have a few minutes, I would love your input on my blog in regards to the ten struggles that Christian women face. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I too love words that work their way into your spirit. I guess that's one of the reasons I am a Nicole Nordeman fan. Her words are a picture of her deep heart and creative mind.

I enjoyed reading Larnelle Harris' words to "I miss my time with you"...very tender and a good reminder.

Patsy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a beautiful song, thank you for sharing... it's also a wonderful reminder.