Both under the age of 50. Both we ALL feel are gone too soon. Of course we are left here on earth trying to make sense of both tragedies. BUT God was with both of them .. even as the angels carried their souls away.
I'll admit I've gotten more serious about enjoy each moment of life since I had a breast cancer scare and my son started having seizures again, but in the last three weeks upon hearing the news of both deaths and I immediately thought ... surely the Lord is coming back and He is coming soon.
I already know and am for certain that He is coming back, but what gripped me for just a minute or two, ok perhaps an hour was FEAR. How would I die? What would happen to my husband, my children? Who would cook for them, who would make a Gazillon calls to clear up medical bills and get referrals for services? Who would drive them around and make unhealthy afternoon snacks and laugh, read and just enjoy them? WHO?
God was there with Rosheeda and Michael and only He knows when and where for me. He has my family in the palm of his hands where I go to Heaven now or later and I have to trust His words to me.
I refuse to walk around in fear, paralyzed and afraid to live my life.
Thank you Lord for your words ...
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7 NLT
- Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. Luke 12:32 NIV
- The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. Psalm 34:7 NIV
- So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matt 10:31 NIV
- Serve only the Lord your God and fear him alone. Obey his commands, listen to his voice, and cling to him. Deuteronomy 13:4 NLT
- I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. John 14:27 NLT
- This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9 NLT
- But even if you suffer for doing what is right, God will reward you for it. So don’t worry or be afraid of their threats. 1 Peter 3:14 NLT
(Credit Bible Cafe for Women)
Reading these as a reminder of what I KNOW in my head, but need to apply to my heart.