Jul 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

It has been a great 4th!! Luv my fam! on Twitpic


(photo taken after long day around LOTS of food)
We had a GREAT time with the family today. Lots of food, fun and laughter! Lots of laughter. Maybe too much food as well. Gauging by the photo, I need to lose more weight. :( I'll get to working on that REAL soon.

With the temps crossing 102 this week, I will more than likely sweat some of the water weight. :)

Anyhoo, the kids had a blast playing with their cousins and godbrothers, eating crispy hot dogs and Earl Campbell hot links. (psst, have you ever had those? They are the best!) That man did more than play some football, he can make some sausage.

My brother came over on his motorcycle (my dad would kill him if he knew he had one) and scared us half to death by peeping through the windows while we were all in the kitchen. He IS a jokster.

We ate a LOT .. oh did I say that .. but more than anything else, the family was together celebrating the freedom we all have in this country, but also the freedom in Jesus we have. What a privilege to be in a country where we can openly celebrate the goodness of God!


Happy 4th!

No comments: