Aug 18, 2008

Mistreatment ... a new definition

I was turned on to a delightful new blog "The Nesting Place" a few weeks ago and I have not stopped stalking, I mean visting her blog since the first day. Today, she is having a "mistreatment" party and I decided to join in on the fun and steal, I mean get some ideas from other ladies around the country.
=====
I did this "mistreatment" on our windows when we lived in an apartment and I could not, would not commit to a curtin rod because I knew we would be moving soon.
I just purchased wrought iron towel holders from Target and placed my bargin fabric through handles. I have an old world theme going on throughout the front area of my house.

I use long flowing fabric in the fall and winter. I just couldn't bear having floor length fabric when it is was 200 degrees outside. I'm sorry, it was making me hot just looking at it.
See, here it is up close. Now I need to add some more PIZZAZ to the window, the wall and add a little paint :)
====


BUT since I have been on the Nester's blog, I have so many, many plans for every room in my house! I can't sew and a LOT of her ideas don't involve anything more than a glue gun! Hobby Lobby, here I come!

=====

Stop by her blog .. you never know what you may find!

14 comments:

Shellie said...

What a clever idea! I may have to steal that one...

Your mistreatment looks great!

The Nester said...

towel holders!!!!!!

genius, sheer genius--thanks for sharing wife of 1, mom of 4 soon to be mistreater of many.

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Oh, that is a GOOD idea!!

~ Sarah

kristi_temple said...

I love the towel holders! What an economical idea.

Bonita said...

Very pretty!

Meghan said...

Nicely done!

Carry Grace said...

Towel Holders! Great idea!

Sarah said...

Ooooo. . . .I like that! And what a great idea, too!!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

What a great idea to use the towel rings! Genius!! Thanks for visiting me today, too!
-Carrie

Jenn said...

**Clapping her hands for WO1MO4**

I just love how your creative side comes out when you get "inspired". :) You go girl !!!

Katie said...

very creative- I hate committing to curtain rods too! you worked around that though!

Victoria said...

I can't sew either so I love Nester!!!

I never thought about towel holders. It is so much fun to get ideas from everyone one else!

Kristen said...

I'm in love too. I'm working on about 4 projects I saw on her blog-totally out of control!

Your mistreatment looks fabulous!

Kelly said...

Simple, but it adds so much.