Sep 1, 2008

Labor Day .. MINE times four ...

Rocks in My Dryer is having a fun MeMe today, but I saw it on one of my favorite blogs .. We are THAT Family and it looked like fun so why not!



How long were your labors?
#1 - 16 1/2 hours, #2 - 2 hours, #3 - 7 hours, #4 - 1 hour

How did you know you were in labor?
#1 - I was eating fish & fries like I did almost everyday and it started tasting awful and then this VERY sick feeling came all over my body ... then a VERY sharp pain
#2 - I got sick
#3 - I was induced
#4 - Can somebody say contractions out the wazoo?

Where did you deliver?
At the same hospital ALL 4 times with the same OB!!! Whoohoo!!

Drugs?
Yes, I have my own personal drug rep from McKesson Pharmaceuticals! :)

C-section?
#3 and #4 .. Emergency c for #3, scheduled for #4, but I went into labor before they could start the C section, but we ended up doing it anyway.

Who delivered?
My OB of 13 years. Even on #2 when the nurses said he would NOT show up for Denham's delivery because she was a 3am early delivery and they knew she would not make it, but I will dog gone if he didn't get out of his bed at 3am and came to see me and make sure I was ok medically and emotionally after all that had gone on!

Love, love my OB and his staff! My husband helped me find AND interview him 13 years ago and I will continue to drive 45 minutes to see him as long as he is practicing medicine.

1 comment:

mamatutwo said...

I love to read about other people's deliveries; I posted today, too! I never went into labor on my own; I'm jealous!